Drafting and Muslins
I've been working on the patterns for the collection for a while now. Unfortunately I've been so busy these past few months, so I didn't get too far. But I have finished one skirt pattern, one dress pattern, and I've started on the bustier pattern (that one is taking a while, but a fitted garment like a bustier is a little complicated to get just right, and I want it to be perfect!).
I have an elastic waist skirt, a blouse (that is the same as the bodice of the dress, so I just need to alter it a little), a dress bodice (the skirt is the same as the one I already have), and a redingote left to draft. And if I have time, a pair of shorts, but I'm giving myself time with that one, since I've never done pants before and it might take a while to get it right.
After I have all the patterns in the sample size, it'll be time to grade them to different sizes! I'm excited about this, since I've never had to do it and I bought a college script about the process online. I'll finally get to try the stuff I've been studying on my own!
Parallel to this I'll be sewing samples in fabrics similar to the ones I'll be using for the final pieces, to make sure they look right (as you can see in the photos, I've already done this for the bodice of the one dress! Making the tulip sleeve made me realize it'll be quite difficult to make them look nice with silk charmeuse, so I'm changing my plans and using silk chiffon for the sleeves instead).
Below is a photo of the fabrics I bought in Paris last November, to use for the final pieces, along with some of the embellishments I'm planning to use for the shoulders. I love the colors! I was looking for very specific colors and types of silk, and I'm so glad I found them (my friend helped me, the fabric shops in Paris are quite crowded, I was glad I had help!).